Two Sea to Sky Women to Attend Global Gathering of Women on the Rise
For Immediate Release – WHISTLER, B.C. April 10, 2018 – WNORTH Conference, a global gathering of women on the rise, today announces the winners of this year’s Accelerate Scholarship, Justine Nichol and Krista Lambie.
The Accelerate Scholarship , sponsored by Pique Newsmagazine and in association with the Whistler Chamber of Commerce, offers the opportunity for two women living and working in the Sea to Sky Corridor to advance their careers by attending the WNORTH Conference. WNORTH is a boutique conference focused on providing a forum for women who are aiming for, or already on, a senior executive leadership track.
This year’s winners both stood out for showing clear career development, senior leadership skills and community mindedness. Justine Nichol is Marketing & Communications Manager at the Audain Art Museum in Whistler, and Krista Lambie is Director, Student Success at Quest University Canada in Squamish.
The Conference theme in 2018 is “We Rise”, and will provide attendees with tools, conversations and community to enable them to rise to their greatest potential as leaders. The visionary speakers joining the Conference at Nita Lake Lodge include:
- Halla Tomasdottir, a TED Speaker and 2016 Presidential Candidate in Iceland, who will share her lessons for leadership and how she lost the presidency but ended up feeling like a winner.
- Joanna Peña-Bickley, Head of Design, Internet of Things at Amazon, who will open the conference with a keynote on “The Collaborative Capitalist – Getting To Economic Equality”.
- Award winning humanitarian and engineer, Anita Naidu.
- Tej Singh Hazra who heads up Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at HSBC Bank Canada.
- Diane Kazarian GTA Managing Partner, National Financial Services Leader, Global Financial Services Brand Leader at PwC Canada.
Now in its fourth year, WNORTH has become a global community of women on the rise, accelerating the journeys of women in business to senior executive leadership, through the annual conference in Whistler as well as intimate gatherings in global Chapter cities including London, New York, Vancouver and Seattle.
CONFERENCE DETAILS & REGISTRATION
The WNORTH Conference presented by PwC will take place at the Nita Lake Lodge in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada from April 18-20, 2018.
The Conference pass includes two days of keynote addresses, talks, and workshops, unique special events and some meals including the Opening Reception presented by PwC, the West Coast Lunch at Aura Restaurant on Thursday, the Connected Breakfast and the Scandinave Spa Social Evening. All attendees will also gain access to the WNORTH Community Networking app, hosted on Bizzabo, to connect with other attendees in advance of the conference.
A small number of conference passes are still available, at a price of $999 CAD plus tax. For more details or to register visit: https://wnorthconnect.com/conference/registration/