Posted: June 17, 2021
WHO WE ARE:
Bluebird Strategy is Whistler’s largest event planning, production, and experiential marketing company. Established in 2010, we create compelling brand experiences, develop innovative events, virtually and in person, and provide our clients with full-service support for their destination conference or event in the scenic mountain town of Whistler, British Columbia, Canada.
In addition to supporting client events and conferences, Bluebird Strategy founded and developed the WNORTH community and conference. Established in 2015 to give voice, solutions and tangible actions to women on their leadership journey. WNORTH is the only organization dedicated to the development of women mid-career on a trajectory towards senior executive leadership. WNORTH connects top female business leaders in corporate, public and entrepreneurial sectors through The Members’ Club, which provides a 100% Virtual forum for online content and development opportunities including workshops, leadership masterminds, events and courses and an annual Conference.
We are looking for a dynamic part-time and remote bookkeeper, who is flexible, dependable, and able to help us drive improved reporting processes. Reporting to the VP Finance, you will be helping to keep the business reporting on track, and to help us drive strategic business decisions as we look to scale and grow our business.
You will be required to provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports in a timely fashion, and occasionally assist with other administrative duties. It is critical that you have a strong bookkeeping and accounting foundation, are self-directed, and are a highly effective team player, with great entrepreneurial spirit.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Bookkeeping corporate transactions on a monthly and/or quarterly basis
- Organizing documentation in our electronic records
- Preparing and filing payroll returns
- Preparing tax filings such as GST and PST returns
- Preparing and filing WorkSafe BC reports
- Maintaining relevant AR/AP subledgers
- Recording manual journal entries and reconciling financial statements with the bookkeeping records
- Generating additional reports designed for the benefit of business management
- Preparing asset, expense, revenue and other schedules as needed
- Occasionally assisting in preparing and submitting other organizational administrative documents (like trade-marking, business registration, grant applications etc.)
YOU’RE A GREAT FIT IF YOU:
- Have at least 3-5 years of bookkeeping and accounting experience
- Have managed the bookkeeping of multiple companies simultaneously (our workload isn’t demanding, but we need you to be proactive and responsive)
- Have excellent communication and client-relation skills
- Have bookkeeping experience working with Xero, Wave Accounting, Hubdoc and Quaderno
- Have accounting or bookkeeping experience across multiple tax jurisdictions (Primarily US and Canada)
- Are detail oriented, organized, autonomous, driven (and able to wrangle entrepreneurial business owners)
- Are a team player, who wants to help build an organization to have a lasting impact
- Must be a Canadian citizen or hold valid Canadian work Visa working in Canada
- This is a permanent, part-time, remote work position
- Flexible Schedule with an expected 12 hrs per week
Email resume with a cover letter to be considered. Only successful applicants will be contacted.